Community Use of Schools
Update - April 4, 2022
Welcome Back! We are excited to announce the reopening of our Community Use Of Schools (CUS) program.
Community Use of Schools (CUS) is an initiative of the Ministry of Education that supports access to school space outside of school hours for community groups.
As per the Ministry of Education directive, school day activities, extra-curricular activities, and parent involvement activities organized or administered by the school or school board have priority use of school space during and after regular school hours.
Permit applications are reviewed and approved as soon as we can with user groups being advised of their approved school sites and specific dates for each permit. Once the permit is approved, an e-mail copy will be sent to the individual making the request.
Due to staffing availability, we cannot guarantee that all requests are approved. In the event of BGCDSB staff shortages, you will be notified at least 48 hours in advance of your permit cancellation. All attempts will be made to accommodate your request and creative staffing assignments will be considered.
Thank you for your continued understanding in this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected] or via phone at 519-364-5820.
How to Book a School Facility
The Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board is working to provide a seamless offering our school facilities to local community groups through a user-friendly online application process. Renting a school facility is a simple process done in the comfort of your own home!
#1 CREATE AN ACCOUNT
To book a Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board facility, you start by creating an account in our on-line database. After reading the information below, simply click on this link Let’s Get Started.
- be 18 years of age or older.
- have a valid e-mail account that can receive account information and approved permits.
- agree to the ‘Rules Governing the Use of School Properties’
- register a valid Visa or Master Card to cover applicable fees. The database will give you 24/7 secure access to your account to check charges and payments.
- provide a certificate of insurance in the minimum amount of $2 million for Liability Insurance naming the Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board as an ‘additional insured’. Groups that do not carry liability insurance can purchase it through the BGCDSB Blanket Insurance based provided by OSBIE (Ontario School Board Insurance Exchange). The cost of the liability insurance will be added to the permit costs.
# 2 CHOOSE A FACILITY
# 3 APPROVAL
Room rental charges are based on your group’s activity and space you wish to book.
Most schools have custodial coverage Monday to Friday.
- The Board reserves the right to request supporting documentation to verify the not-for-profit status of an organization in order to determine the appropriate charge category. The Board reserves the right to request supporting documentation annually.
a) GROUP A - Recriprocal Agreement, School and Board Activities
b) Group B - Non for Profit Youth/ Senior Organizations
c) Group C – Not for Profit Adult Programs:
d) Group D - Commercial/Business/Private:
2021-2022 RATE SCHEDULE