Community Use of Schools
Update - August 27, 2021
Dear Valued Community User Group,
BGCDSB HAS MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO POSTPONE ALL INDOOR CUS PERMITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THIS DECISION WILL CONTINUE TO BE MONITORED AND EVALUATED AS WE APPROACH THE NEW YEAR.
OUTDOOR CUS PERMITS CONTINUE TO BE APPROVED AS SPACE IS AVAILABLE. COVID-19 PROTOCOLS FOR OUTDOORS REMAIN IN EFFECT.
ALL SUBMITTED INDOOR PERMIT REQUESTS WILL BE ADJUSTED TO REFLECT A POSTPONED DATE AND PERMITS WILL REMAIN IN ‘PENDING’ STATUS UNTIL A MORE DEFINITE START DATE FOR INDOOR CUS PERMITS CAN BE DETERMINED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED UNDERSTANDING IN THIS MATTER. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT BGCDSB_CUS@BGCDSB.ORG OR VIA PHONE AT 519-364-5820.
How to Book a School Facility
The Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board is working to provide a seamless offering our school facilities to local community groups through a user-friendly online application process. Renting a school facility is a simple process done in the comfort of your own home!
#1 CREATE AN ACCOUNT
To book a Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board facility, you start by creating an account in our on-line database. After reading the information below, simply click on this link Let’s Get Started.
- be 18 years of age or older.
- have a valid e-mail account that can receive account information and approved permits.
- agree to the ‘Rules Governing the Use of School Properties’
- register a valid Visa or Master Card to cover applicable fees. The database will give you 24/7 secure access to your account to check charges and payments.
- provide a certificate of insurance in the minimum amount of $2 million for Liability Insurance naming the Bruce-Grey Catholic District School Board as an ‘additional insured’. Groups that do not carry liability insurance can purchase it through the BGCDSB Blanket Insurance based provided by OSBIE (Ontario School Board Insurance Exchange). The cost of the liability insurance will be added to the permit costs.
# 2 CHOOSE A FACILITY
# 3 APPROVAL
Room rental charges are based on your group’s activity and space you wish to book.
Most schools have custodial coverage Monday to Friday.
- The Board reserves the right to request supporting documentation to verify the not-for-profit status of an organization in order to determine the appropriate charge category. The Board reserves the right to request supporting documentation annually.
a) GROUP A - Recriprocal Agreement, School and Board Activities
b) Group B - Non for Profit Youth/ Senior Organizations
c) Group C – Not for Profit Adult Programs:
d) Group D - Commercial/Business/Private: