Municipal Election 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Voting Information for Catholic Ratepayers
Protect and preserve Catholic education...Ensure you are registered to vote as a Catholic separate school supporter
- Ensuring you are registered as a separate school supporter is important for the protection and preservation of Catholic education in Ontario
- As a registered Catholic school supporter, you have the opportunity to elect trustees who will represent and address your interests and concerns at the school board level and at various levels of the government
- Registering your Catholic school support ensures your school board's assessment roll is accurate. This is important because:
- Your school board's assessment base is a public record of the breadth of support for Catholic schools
- It helps track demographic trends for educational planning purposes
- It guarantees your right to enroll your children in Catholic schools
How to check if you are registered:
Call your Municipal Clerk's Office to inquire how to check the local list of electors
If your name is not on the list of electors or if the information is incorrect (e.g., name, address or school support data missing or incorrect) you should:
Go to the municipal offices for your community and fill out an application to be added to the list or to correct information. Proof of identification may be required. Please call your municipal office to determine what documentation you may need.
At the Polling Station:
- Verify that you are registered as a separate school supporter. If your support status is incorrect ask for an "Application to Amend Voters' List". This form may be completed and submitted at the polling station.
- Ensure the ballot you are given is a separate school ballot.
Voting for Catholic School Board Representation:
Catholic ratepayers must declare themselves to be Catholic and separate school electors in order to cast a vote in the election of separate school trustees in municipal elextions.